Friday, September 25, 2009

Katie's Family



A few days ago we (My dad, Mrs. Keck, Mr + Mrs Mayernick, and Mrs. Manuel) all went down to Bujagali Falls and met Katie and her kids there. We hung out and Agnes even got me to dance with her. The next day during breakfast my dad and I had a long conversation about these girls. They spend their time laughing, being obedient and helping each other. When Prossie, who is my age, gets home from school at 5:30, the first thing she asks to do is what she can do to help. When I get home from school at 2:30, I do my homework and go to my friends house. Prossie should/is very exausted from school, and instead of napping like what I would do, she just helps.

Last Saturday we went to Katie's house and passed out food to 200+ children. All of the girls helped clean-up and played with the other children. I think that its just cool how they all have really amazing stories of where they come from, and how they are so happy with whatever they get. Me, I grew up (am still) with alot, and I am not grateful with what I have.

I just hope that one day I can be as appreciative as they are.

1 comment:

Amanda Parisher said...

wow! and your last comment was that you will go there with you!!!!! anyway.. if they have grapes there you should put them in your lips like we did in mexico! im sure all of th kids would love that... LOVE YOU amanda